• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • Applicants for a visa shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on the territory of the Member States.

    Applicants for a visa for more than two entries (multiple entries) shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance covering the period of their first intended visit. In addition, such applicants shall sign the statement, set out in the application form, declaring that they are aware of the need to be in possession of travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.


    The insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen Member States and cover the entire period of the person's intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30.000 (ca. USD 50.000) and include medical evacuation (or repatriation) and return of mortal of remains. Applicants shall, in principle, take out insurance in their country of residence. Where this is not possible, they shall seek to obtain insurance in any other country.

    When assessing whether the insurance cover is adequate, consulates shall ascertain whether claims against the insurance company would be recoverable in a Member State.


    The insurance requirement may be considered to have been met where it is established that an adequate level of insurance may be presumed in the light of the applicant's professional situation. The exemption from presenting proof of travel medical insurance may concern particular professional groups, such as seafarers, who are already covered by travel medical insurance as a result of their professional activities. Holders of diplomatic passports shall be exempt from the requirement to hold travel medical insurance.



    PROOF OF TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE: confirmation letter from Health Insurance Company stating coverage with a minimum of EUR 30.000 (ca. USD 50.000) for trips outside the U.S. valid for all Schengen territory, copy of healthcare card is not sufficient.

    If you do not have insurance, or your insurance company cannot provide such a specific letter, you must purchase insurance for the entire duration of your trip and provide proof of purchase (e.g. HCC Medical, Cigna Life, Travel Guard, Seven Corners etc.) with zero deductible.

    Print Print Share: